Sunday, February 12, 2023

Stage 6: Round and Round We go Part 2

 Hi Dear Blog Readers! Happy Sunny Sunday!  We have not had much sun AT ALL in Western NY an the last two days have been beautiful.  I'm just back from a 2.5 mile walk.  Feels good to be out.

Round and round I went on the first sweater sleeve this week.  It was way too wide so I had to rip back to where it fit and do some decreases. It looks good on.  Eliminated about 6 rows of the colorwork. Since I was doing that I added the pop of pink before starting the ribbing.

Hoping to get a lot done on sleeve #2 while watching the superbowl tonight.


Ruth finished up her first knitten mitten and it's adorable!

I saw them in person this week and they are so much cuter than in the pictures.

Yes, you should be jealous I got to see them!

She needs a break and before she goes round and round on mitten #2, she is going to work on the Gossamer Vest from Modern Daily Knitting.  Drops Kid Silk yarn.  Look at all of that fluffiness....it will be incredible to wear I think.  Can't wait to see progress  next week.

Martha is nearing the end on her Basket Saddle sweater.  Look how beautiful.  She is going to rip and redo the neck so its more substantial. 

In other news:

Mason came to play yesterday.  He has such a great imagination.

Here he is riding an "elephant" (the stick was too big to be a horse)

And  here he is in his :"treehouse"


Have a great week dear blog readers....Stay safe and be kind.


2 comments:

karen said...

I love how kids come up with their own ideas! I bet you are done with both sleeves now :)

Jane said...

Very nice knitting all around. I'm intrigued by the Drops yarn. It must be similar to Rowan's Kid Silk Haze. Hope you are having a nice weekend.