Sunday, February 5, 2023

Stage 5: Round and Round We go...Part 1

 Hi Dear Blog Readers !

I hope you had a nice, knitful week!  

I did for sure. Finished up body of sweater and started first sleeve.  Round and round I go.  This sleeve does not call for any decreases.   I will try it on in a bit and see if I think I should put some in. Usually the pattern calls for more decreases than I need. I never follow the pattern for sleeve decreases....I follow ME, and my arm size and do what feels right.  There is a little patterning at bottom of sleeve...can't wait to get there.

When I finished the body of the sweater, I took a break and waited to put the sleeve on the needle till the next day, and worked on the sock.  Decided to put in an afterthought heel (rust color yarn).  Nice little distraction for one evening.


Ruth finished up her BEAUTIFUL Interlaken Pullover Sweater in Bartlett yarn.  Look at the detail!  Look at the fit! Stunning!  I can't wait to see it in person.  I bet she casts on another sweater by weeks end...

While she's thinking of sweaters to make, she is whipping up a pair of Knittens (notice the Knitting abbreviations in the mittens = knittens) by Wendy D.  Johnson.

She is using leftover bartlett yarn and from the sweater and bare naked wool.  She is going round and round also, but a bit slower than my sleeve...lol   Cute!!!!

Martha's sweater is soaking but  this is a picture she took earlier of her Basket Saddle by Tristen TenDyke sweater.  So pretty. I can't wait to see it blocked. She has some finishing to do when its dry.  She is currently looking for patterns for her next sweater.


In other news:

After windchill of 20 below Friday and yesterday morning, its 45 here today.  Mason loved being outside playing with his mommy.   She calls him Ralphy when he's all bundled up like this!



Have a good week dear blog readers...Stay safe, be kind and get lots of knitting done!



1 comment:

karen said...

gorgeous sweater!! won't be long now before the casting off is happening!