Sunday, March 5, 2023

Fun Week

 Hi Dear Blog Readers...

The weather has been all over the place this week here in Western NY.  A lot of snow melted today and we need a tiny fresh coat to cover the mud.  I did not have an especially fun week, but our  knitting is fun this week.

I finished up the Hermonie Everyday socks.  

Afterthought heel.

Uneek Fingering.  FUN colors. Decided I wanted to double yarn the heel because it is all wool, and no nylon. The next colors were the lime green and I didn't want that color on  the heel. It would have been fun, but I thought it was break up the purple too much. So I pulled the purple from the ball center.  Luckily, I had enough purple to finish.

I need to take more risks I think!  At first I didn't like these colors together, but when you look from a distance, the fade is kind of stunning. And the green would have made a cool heel.


Have quite a bit of yarn left, even though I doubled it.

I am really trying to knit down my yarn stash this year.  And I have so much LettiLopi yarn left. I started a little sweater for Mason. He can keep it here if Tiffany does not need it at their house...I always need a play sweater for him here! Dinosaur sweater....  It will not use up much yarn though.  :)


Ruth whipped up a FUN little sweater called Peanut this week.  Free pattern from Green Mt Spinnery.

So cute!  Knit side to side.  Pretty darn adorable, don't you think!  Leftover yarn from Rhinebeck.

Martha restarted her FUN  sweater.  Here's the second try at her sweater.    Yarn is Shirsty Cat Designs, by Kelly Straub, called Druid’s Rest.  It’s 100% SWBlue Faced Leicester.  The pattern is Elisabeth Blouse by Petit Knit. 


Have a great week dear blog readers...knit like the wind..spring will be here soon and we will want to be outside!


2 comments:

Jane said...

The little Peanut sweater is very sweet. I think Spring is around the corner but I just don't know which one. I am also trying to work more from stash. Socks seem like a good place to be adventurous with color. I am not one to talk though because I tend to knit with blues, greens, and purples.

karen said...

lovely socks! I am trying to knit down my yarn stash but I keep buying yarn for specific projects!! It's fun to try though.