Sunday, March 12, 2023

Updates and Questions and Observations and....

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!

I have some questions for my readers...I hope you answer so we can get to know each other better!

Currently 19 degrees in Western New York.  I actually live in Holley, NY. Where do you live?

This March we have had more snow that any other month this year. Friday we got about 10" that dropped fast and furious. More coming Monday and  Tuesday.  

I worked a lot ( what is a lot for me) on the  T-Rex sweater for Mason.  About one more inch and I will start the ribbing.  I'm not following the pattern exactly.  Kind of winging it.  I did not put ribbing around the collar because the LopiLetti yarn can be a bit scratchy. I know he will wear a long sleeve shirt underneath so by doing a rolled collar it should not touch his skin.  If it's too wide, I'll do a little cinch.  

The color work will settle once blocked.  The lopi yarn is really forgiving. 


 Ruth and  Martha contribute to the blog every week. It's really "our" 'blog. They are sisters.   Ruth has been my friend for years and she introduced me to Martha 16 years ago.  It's fun to talk about knitting with them. We seek help, and bounce ideas off of each other. It makes it even more fun. During the week I may get a random knitting picture.  Ruth and I email every day and she usually send me her current knitting, which I love.  I'm curious..do you have anyone that you talk knitting with? 

This week Ruth put the final touch - buttons - on her adorable Peanut sweater. It looks so so cute don't you think!

She would love to get her 2nd Knitten done so she can move on to something else.


Martha wasn't feel the best this week and it was hard to concentrate so she  put her sweater in time out. She will restart again in a bit. In the meantime, she started this adorablesimple  raglan sweater for a baby boy.  Green Mountian Spinnery yarn that’s 80% wool and 20% cotton. Can't wait to see the progress.


Both of these sweaters are for my new grandson who will arrive end of April - baby J.  See above note about good friends!

Observation:  This week I read something about what not to wear over 50 so you don't look old. One thing was big knit sweaters.  Pardon me!  I wear my sweaters proudly. They are so comfy..and actually move with the body. Stitch by stitch is was made by me for me or someone else.  I'm not sure who wrote that article, but he/she probably never had a nice knit sweater.  Sigh.

Question: What do you think about the "tuck".  Tucking your sweater inside the front of pants. Or tucking  t-shirts in the front of pants. I've tried it and I just don't think its for me.  How do you feel about the "tuck" ?  Do you tuck?  These days I'm all about comfort.  Sigh.

In other news:

Pictures from my early morning walk on Friday.  

I was the person standing in the road to get a good angle.  This was before the big snowstorm

Mason at his happy place. The library. Tiffany takes him a couple of times a week after work if he wants to go.


Have a great week dear blog readers...I hope you get some rest this week. This time change really messes me up for a week or two!


2 comments:

karen said...

I am not a tucker! Lovely projects this week, it's nice that there is a bit of winter because the desire to knit heavier projects continues.

Jane said...

Such lovely projects. Your little grandson is adorable. Kids' knits are always so much fun. I definitely do not tuck in shirts and sweaters. I'm so far past 50 that my clothing motto is clean, practical, comfortable and presentable. I live in southeastern Nebraska. Yesterday the temperature was 66 degrees and today we had blowing wet snow. It's definitely March.