Sunday, November 19, 2023

Little Bits

 Hi Dear Blog readers,

I have done little bits of knitting this week. Started a pair of mittens with a bit of a complex pattern, and I will not let it defeat me. I am currently tinking back 3 rows.  LOL  It is from a Finnish designer and it is not hard...I just need to engage my brain.

 Silmut Mittens

 


Love the yarn from the Wool Room.

Ruth finished up her fun colored mittens, and is making a basket liner for her sister for Christmas. (Sorry, Martha, it's for her other sister!)

I love this pattern...


 Martha finished up her beautiful sweater.  In her own words:

Here are photos of my sweater.  I’m going to try to block it better especially the shoulder seams and the sort of scarf neck. I blocked the neck flat but I think Im going to like it bunched up a little smaller.  I think this sweater might be itchy so I don’t want it huge up on my neck maybe.  Im glad to be done.  The yarn is Bartlett 2 ply.  I got it at Rhinebeck 2022.  The pattern is Triticum Cardigan by Anne Hanson.  

Next I will knit my Anne Hanson yarn called, Cabècou.  I have to do a swatch for gauge.  Maybe tonight.  I bought this yarn be c it was on sale and I was feeling sorry for myself.  There are no sweaters in Ravalry for this yarn?  It’s quite soft so I want the gauge to be a little tight.  




 In other news:
A lot going on at our house before Thanksgiving. New carpet in the family room, dad's 90th bday, Thanksgiving dinner, and a new baby. Stay tuned next week for updates!
Have a great week dear blog readers.
Happy Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for everyone that takes the time to read this blog.


1 comment:

Jane said...

Those mittens look interesting. Hang in there, I'm sure you can knit the pattern. I have never heard of a knitted bread liner. Now I'm going to have to investigate and I learned something new. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.