Sunday, November 26, 2023

This time of year

 Hi Dear Blog Readers,

How was your Thanksgiving?  Ours was very eventful!  On Tuesday we celebrated dad's 90th birthday.

On Wednesday, our granddaughter was born!  Thursday was Thanksgiving and very nice.   Friday Tiffany and I went shopping.  Not much time to knit...hard to believe I've been off of work for a week and not much accomplished.

I tried...really hard to do the pattern in the mitten, but it did not look right. The yarn is too fuzzy. So it will be a plain mitten. The yarn is wonderful, so it is not settling for plain...it will be wonderfully plain!

Ruth made a bread warmer, and if you look at the detail, it's really wonderful.

Pattern is Bread Basket Liner, Juniper Moon Farm, Cotton/Linen yarn.


Martha is starting a sweater...pattern is called  Wandering by Isabel Kreamer.  It’s a Henley look.  She said the yarn is very soft.



In other news:

Welcome to the world Charlotte Jane !

She sure gave her a parents a time getting here....thankfully, all is good now.



Tiffany's boys were here on Thanksgiving...cute as ever!

Have a great week dear blog readers...stay safe!


3 comments:

Jane said...

Wow. This is a Thanksgiving you won't soon forget. Would you believe I had a Great Grandmother named Charlotte Jane! What a beautiful name. Ever since, there has been a Jane in every generation, down to my granddaughter, Norah Jane. I hope Mom and babe continue to do well. The yarn in the mitten is so so pretty. I love those colors together. The yarn in the sweater looks very nice also. What an interesting pattern in the bread cloth. Have a good week.

Connie said...

Jane, I'm so glad you told me your great grandma's name was Charlotte Jane! I just love my granddaughters name...and your's too! Have a good week.

karen said...

congrats!! and happy birthday to your dad!! So many good things and I love the name :)