Sunday, October 26, 2008

Socks of Kindness


Ruth and I are both making the Socks of Kindness, found as a free pattern on Ravelry. She did hers in Smooshy, and I did mine in Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn. I have one done, and one barely started. I save it for bus knitting, though I have to admit I really have to concentrate to do these babies on the bus...the pattern is a bit tricky and requires paying attention.



I have 3.25" of ribbing done on mom's sweater done, and perhaps 1.5 inch of stockinette. I am doing the ribbing pattern up each side for visual interest. The ribbing is a K3, P1, with every other row knitting thru the back loop - I love the way it looks. I am making it in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. She requested no wool.



I did manage to get the skein of the week done on the Time sucker project. I am in the hate mode of this project. I HATE THIS PROJECT...there, I said it out loud. Thank goodness I was wise enough to use two different colors, I never would have been able to finish it in just one color. Its exciting to see if I can get a color done every week. (well it was exciting before I hated it.) I'll like it again...I hope I get the skein done this week. It is kind of nice, though, don't ya think.

No comments: