Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone. Knitting has been going on here at Knitatation, but not as much as I would like. I've been home since Christmas Eve, and have not accomplished lots, but am satisfied with what has been done. Everyone LOVED their Christmas gifts. The Time Sucker towel/blanket was a HUGE success. He loved it BEFORE he realized it was handmade! When he realized I had made it, he loved it even more. Phew!

I finished the three cowls for Joe's sisters - the last one was blocked on Christmas Eve. They were not quite sure what to make of them:


I am working on a scarf to match my gloves - made from Elizabeth Lavold Silky Wool. The pattern is from Harmony Guides to lace - Lattice Twist with Eyelets - size 7 needle.
It is fun and mind stimulating.


I have a hat 1/2 fone for Joey's girlfriend, Tiffany. She requested a hat with earflaps.
I finished the hat once, and when trying to fix the hole where I joined the two yarns,
created a huge hole - who knows what I did - and wripped most of it out and started
over. I am using Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk. I am following EZ's hat pattern.


Also on the needles are MY socks. Making them from Shaffer Anne. Size 0 needle.
They are soft and lovely. I started with a small pattern, but the yarn is so nice on it's
own I wripped and am making plain Jane socks.



I am also working - slowly - on Mom's sweater. I think I've been avoiding it because the yoke will be a tough challenge for me.

I have added new 2009 goals at the sidebar - check them out. What are your goals for the new year? Leave in the comments section.

Joe and I are starting our healthy eating habits again tomorrow. Phew!

Some family pictures to end this post:

Our tree:


Dad and Joe:


Tiffany and dad:


Joel:


the girls were home from North Carolina. it was great to see them!


Mom and Vicky:


Joel and Vicky:


Dad and Joey:



and finally, our very own Santa, very glad that the holidays are over for this year:
(notice the Christmas hat he has on. it was too big so he requested that I felt it a
little bit for him.)

No comments: