Sunday, February 14, 2010

Suffering from ADK

I am suffering from ADK......Attention Deficit Knitting!
As you may remember, I was working on socks for Christmas
2010, a vest and a shawl. All of a sudden I got a burr up my butt
to knit a shawl for my friend Betty. Her daughter is getting married
on the beach of North Carolina this summer and I wanted to make
her something. Now shawls are a crap shoot to give someone.
Not everyone is a "shawl" person. I'm hoping I score a success here.

Pattern is Forest Canopy Shawl - my 2nd one! Pattern is very very
easy.

I am using some Dream in Color Starry purchased at The Loopy Ewe,
color Beach Fog.

It is sock yarn, with threads of silver running thru. Now these would make
very thick socks, even though the ball band says size 1-3 needles. Purchased
two skeins so it will make a nice size. I'm thinking I may only use 1/2 of the
2nd one.

Using a Size 6 Addi Turbo Lace needle. Very very nice yarn. Much nicer
than the Dream in Color Smooshy I used before.
Here are some pictures, though the color is not coming thru as nice as
in person. If you click on the lick above it will give a better color.






Construction update:

This weekend we gutted yet another room. The family room. It was a garage
that was converted to a family room years ago and there was no insulation -
brrrrr. So Joe said as long as the dumpster is here, and everything is torn
up we were going for it. So now there are three rooms torn up.
This is a picture with the blown in insulation (gray junk).


Joe is working on the floor. Abbey got scared and ran thru it.
OMG what a mess. She couldn't get out cause its deep. Joe
had to rescue her.



It took 3 of them all weekend, but its done. Fireplace is back
and it's nice and toasty in there.



Of course they hung up the important stuff:


Abbey is one happy girl to have her room back together.


Happy Knitting.......

No comments: