Sunday, April 18, 2010

Monogmous

This week I have been monogmous knitting - what I mean is - I have been
knitting only one project all week - The Forest Canopy Shawl. I only have
6 rows left and then bind off. It's hard to see how big it is in this picture. I am
really liking it, and for reasons I don't even know myself, have decided to
keep it.



Martha finished a pair of alpaca socks - Knitspot
pattern. Lovely!



I was lucky enough to purchase two books from Knitpicks during
their 40% off book sale ( I think it's still going on).

Knitting 24/7 by Veronik Avery


30 smallish projects....very cute. I will (well I would) like to
make a lot of them.

Here are some:

Fueur De Lys Hat


Linen market bag:


Leafy Knot Clutch



and Lacy Cable socks



The 2nd book is called: Northern Knits by Lucinda Guy
and I am in love....many nice projects. I am having fun
just looking at the pictures. She seems to use a lot
of laceweight yarn to make sweaters...which means smaller
needles, but not as small as I would expect.




Here are a few projects:

Lilja Textured Jacket



Hulda Striped Pullover



Ola Placket Pullover



Liv patterned Socks


Inger Ski cap and gloves


and Ulla Twined Socks
( sure hope twined kitting is not too difficult to learn)

No comments: