Sunday, October 2, 2011

Little Things

Little things seem to be occupying me, Ruth and Martha lately.
I really need to sink my needles into a nice sweater soon.

Here is the purple and multi speckle beret I just finished.



And the hat for the neighbor's new grandson. I decided
to make booties also. They are a little fiddly. ugh!!


Yarn is leftover from the last BabySurpriseJacket.

I thought I was almost done with these socks, but I tried
them on today, and at least three (yes three!!) more
repeats before I can start decreasing for the toe. Then another
sock to make. Ugh. Size 0 needles move along pretty slow,
plus all of the other knitting interruptions.


This is the current brainless project - socks for Joe.


Ruth recently finished up a little Prarie Shawl for
one of her granddaughters. Here is the picture
unblocked:


And here is her mini spinning wheel. She ordered it almost
a year ago after she saw one at Rhinebeck last year.




Martha is working on socks right now - no pictures yet.

Some random pictures:

Joe took me to the falls at Lake Alice last week.
So pretty. We did not see any
Salmon jumping......



Here is below the falls where the fly fisherman try
to catch the salmon:



Here is a closeup of the fisherman - my camera zoom
is awesome !


A couple of kids jumping off of the Waterport bridge.
it was a nice day - 70's or so, man did they scream
when they hit that cold water.


it was a beautiful, perfect day for fall fishing.






When I get bored (obviously not catching fish)
(i whip out the camera)


We stayed till dark, it was so nice.

then we drove to Pt Breeze, on Lake Ontario
for a salad and some wings.



This weekend the kids went to a mutual friends wedding.
Both looked so nice.

This is Amber, Tiffany and Felicia.


Amber and Felicia are waitresses with Tiffany at the
diner.

Joey and our friend George rode together.



This weekend was awful weather - and I did not even
knit that much....LOL
Have a wonderful week.

No comments: