Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sometimes, it helps to talk about knitting....

So Ruth Martha and I are doing Through the Loops Mystery
Sock KAL.
Wow are we really getting a bang for our $3. The
pattern is anything but dull. Cables, bobbles, - totally NOT
brainless. I was talking to Joe and telling him how slippery my
cable needles was, and could he make a wood one smaller.



He is pretty resourceful. He said if I make it any smaller
it will be the size of a toothpick. BINGO!
It clicked in my brain. I'm sure I have heard of this before
but just forgot. The toothpick is working fabulous. It has
really pointy ends, and has a little drag so the yarn does not
slip off.




I ripped the whole cuff out on Thursday, and started
over on Saturday morning with much better results.
My brain was able to think on Saturday......


I am starting clue #2 today, and Clue #3 came out
this morning. Ruth and Martha are much further
along than I am. But that's ok with me.


Ruth's sock is very nice.


Martha is so far ahead she is doing two at once:




I have been working on the 800 stitch scarf in my brainless
mode.


Ruth finished up a pair of socks in KnitPicks yarn from
the book Socks socks socks


Winter finally arrived in Western NY so she was wearing
them today..

Martha started a pair of brainless socks:



And tada............the unveiling of Martha's sweater.
Remember, she totally designed the sweater herself.
I am so amazed...it is absolutely stunning.




Tiffany has been working on a baby blanket for her
little friend Paetyn (5 months old now), and doing a
terrific job. She is having fun with the self striping
pattern.


She is holding two strands together. One multi
pink/purple, and one pink. It really is lovely.

We finally go some snow here and had a nice
lazy Sunday..


Mickey took a nice snuggle in between Joey's legs to
watch the football game.....


Catch you next week dear blog readers.....

No comments: