Monday, February 27, 2012

Small Things

I continue to knit small things, so I can see a definitive end.

This weekend I did the short row on the 2nd gold sock. This
color is not good, last post is more accurate color. I am liking
the short row heel. My pickups actually look better on the purl
side than the knit side. It goes sooo fast.



Since the last post I have also finished up the 1st KAL
sock, but don't have a picture. I just knit a plain foot.
I'm not sure if I will ever get the 2nd one done. I did start,
but I'm just not at all interested in it.

A couple of weeks ago Ruth started playing around with
the Wingspan pattern from Ravelry.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wingspan-2

She tried a few different yarns and didn't like the look so
she put it down for a while. I was quite intrigued when
looking at all of the different ones on Ravelry. A free pattern!
I found some yarn at the Village Yarn Shop 20% off sale and
thought it would be nice for Wingspan. Mine is sock yarn.
Jawoll Magic by Lang yarns.

I started 4 times and finally decided the last one was it.


Ruth showed me hers and said she was wrapping
turns, and it looked great. Mine will take a while
with sock yarn, and I really don't have much
time to knit anymore (which is sooo sad!)


Ruth used some stash yarn in worsted weight and
whipped hers off in a few days. I love hers. It is one
of my favorites ! The way the colors /strips turned
out is magic.

Ruth also finished up her socks (see last post).


Nice!

Martha has been very busy knitting also.

These are Queen socks from Heritage yarn.



Martha continues to make great progress on her
pink sweater, and is now doing the plackett.



I think it is so pretty, don't you!

Martha came up with an idea that we should each
knit shawls for each other for Rhinebeck this year.
Surprise shawls. Great idea...but no blogging
till October!

Check this out! Tiffany finished Paetyn's baby blanket
and delivered this week. She said she is so sick of that
yarn she will never use it again...lol. I so know what she
means. It washed beautifully.


Last weekend I did not blog because we were busy
celebrating Tiffany's birthday. She is 25.

Here are some random pics:
And finally, here is the view from the top.
It's hard to tell, but he is almost touching the
ceiling.

Have a good week!

No comments: