Monday, July 1, 2013

Mystery...solved.

Finally, the mystery is solved.
After four weeks of knitting, which started on June 1st,
I have finally completed the Through The Loops Summer 2013
Mystery Shawl, today on July 1st.
There are a lot of pretty shawls done already.


I still have to block mine, and weave in a few ends. Hope to get that
done later today or tomorrow. 


Joe said it looks like a doiley...LOL  he's right !


This last clue was very challenging. The purl back rows had
patterning. There were a lot of purls in the mix so it was a
lot of counting.  Kristen made the pattern very easy to follow, though.

Specs:
Malabrigo Baby Silkpaca Lace yarn
Colors Polor Morn (grey) Bobby Blue and Solis (green)
I purchased the yarn before I knew that lace weight would not work,
so I split into two balls and use double strands of yarn.
The colors are so very vibrant and soo soo soft.
Needle size 4

Next week I will share blocked pictures.

Ruth finished up her Miss Babs socks.


She liked the yarn a lot.

Martha is working on a new tank.
Plymouth Yarn Kudos yarn,   Larkspur top by Classic Elite Yarns. But I will make the shoulders about 3" wide not as thin as the white one. I will also make the neck lower.

She is probably about done now as this was sent on Friday.

I have about 1" to go on these socks for Tiffany with the Universal
Bamboo Pop yarn.  These are really brainless knitting, and she is not
getting them until Christmas, so no rush.


Sit by the pool, enjoying summer kind of knitting....

We have a family of red squirrels in the backyard.  I could
only get one in the picture. Joe is hoping they don't ruin the roof
or anything else before he can catch and release them...

He called me outside last night to enjoy the sunset with him. It was
really beautiful.


I have to figure out what I will knit next. I want to work on the sweater I
had just started before the mystery shawl came along and took control.
I also want to make a pair of fingerless gloves for Tiffany's friend Amber,
who will need them when she goes to public market in the fall....last year
she froze!

Have a super wonderful July 4th holiday, and take a moment to reflect on
why we celebrate the day and what it really  means.
















































No comments: