Sunday, February 2, 2014

We interrupt these socks to bring you.....

Fingerless Mitts !

It's no secret I have a problem with monogomy when it
comes to knitting....let me tell you the story.


This week the heel clue came out for Through The Loops
Mystery socks.  Very nice. Took no time to finish up. I
wish she would have started the pick up stitches part on
this clue.
 

So between last week's blog and today, I have completed
one leg and two heels.  Now what?

I worked a lot on the brainless sock. 

Reminder the pattern is K3, K1 TBL.
With a double stitch heel. I love the fit. and yardage is good, so
nice and tall.

So I finished up this week and have about a 2" start on the 2nd sock.
By Friday, I was BORED. TO. DEATH.  LOL

I started poking around to see if I could find a quick project. Did not
want anything too involved because the foot clue for mystery socks is
coming out this week.

I found this lovely yarn Martha gave Ruth and I in my stash.
Very colorful. She gave us each 2 skeins so we could make socks.
Fingering yarn.
It is very very soft, and would make lovely socks. But I wanted to
show it off.  So I found the Welted Fingerless Gloves pattern in
my pattern stash.

OMG, a match (pattern/yarn) made in knitting heaven.

and so soft.....
I got one done in a few hours, and ready to start the thumb gusset
on the 2nd one.

It will be good football knitting.


Notice the top, after I took the thumb stitches off, it started to pool.

I have to find some cute buttons to sew on the welts, or not.
What do you think?  (see Ravelry link above for examples with buttons).


Joe / Joey said what are you going to do with those?  I said make a
fashion statement!  The pattern calls for DK weight yarn, so I made
a few modifications to make the fingering work. I will add all details
to my Ravelry project page when done if you're interested.

I will have enough yarn left for a nice cowl, or scarf. OR
I could make two toe up anklet socks. Because the yarn would feel
like heaven on my feet. What do you think?

Ruth also started the mystery socks. She is traveling but here is her progress
as of Thursday. I bet she is done with the leg by now. I love her colors.



Martha has made great progress on her sweater this week. She ran out of
some of the yarn, so is searching for compatible colors.  I told her I think
it is very vogue, and I like it a lot.  This is Cobblestone pattern.



We are having chili and chicken fingers for the game today. I am routing for
the Seahawks....Happy Knitting....

No comments: