Sunday, June 7, 2015

Distractions

Sorry about no post last week, but  there were many
distractions. I had company for the birthday parties
(Joe, Mom,Aunt Edie and Fred ) that did not leave
until 9:00 pm..I was pooped. The came back on Tuesday
and did the same thing.  At least they like it here..and I
do love to have them, but it allowed no time for blog post.
Anyway, but this week I should have the Size 13 sock almost
done ..but I don't . I am just working my way down the heel.
I will increase three on each side now, to accomodate
the wider toe area.


 The sock came boating with me this weekend.
I really love the Hawthorne yarn by knitpicks.
Only downfall is it is only 357 yards.  Worked out ok for this
project as I probably need over 500 yards to accommodate a long
leg and size 13 foot anyway.

 The real distraction to getting the big socks done, is the socks
I started from yarn Martha gave me. 

 Toe up. Hermonie's everyday socks pattern on let.

 The would make great footies, don't you think! I'm going to make full
size....but just sayin....
Double stitch heel...easy and quick.
 Ruth has got a lot of knitting done since last blog post.
She started a sock from OnLine yarn: not sure
of pattern yet

 Her sweater back and one front blocking.....
 And....she finished up her socks in yarn from Martha.
Aren't they awesome!


Martha's fingers have been equally as busy!
She finished up her baby sweater...(gender unknown).
She made a matching hat, and she is quite
proud of that adorable pompom she made!

I think it's very very cute.  Pattern is Essential Baby Cardigan, by Lisa Henderson

She is making a second one, but is making a henley....

 notice the kitty modeling.....

Joe and I went fishing this weekend to Lake Erie in Buffalo, NY.
We stayed over Saturday night - usually we just go for the day.
Fishing was awful, apparently because of the storms from Friday
night. We had a good time, anyway...

Have a great week, dear knitters.....

1 comment:

martha said...

Your socks, out of the yarn I gave you, are working up nicely. They are not pooling like Ruth's did, thank goodness. Those other socks your making are huge, more like stockings! Lol!