Sunday, April 30, 2017

Nature

Spring is finally upon us.  They weren't kidding when they
said April showers. We've had enough for a long time....

 I am getting close to being done with the 2nd mitten.
Obviously for fall, not spring. But knitters are prepared.
Notice the ladders...the yarn has a lot of silk, and I think
that is the problem. I am really hoping a lot of that will
block out.


Started a sock with the koolaid dyed yarn. For Joey
so I only work on it when  he's not around. I did all of this
in a week!
Pattern is K2, Slip One, 2nd row, Knit all the way around.
I'm not a huge fan of the colors, but it was a learning
experience for me. Joey loved it. Yes, the foot is lighter
than the top.

Dug out the Sophie sweater I worked on in the fall.
Blocked it. I have to finish up the sleeves. You can't tell
from the pic, but the yarn has a lot of cotton and shows
every little error.
Also, finished up the Giant size 13 socks.
Yea!

Notice the taper at the top? That is on purpose.
9" leg, so made the ribbing a little wider.  Since Mark is 6'3"
I figured he could use a little extra length.


Ruth is coming along on her sweater - and her
fun socks!

Martha is working on her cowl...
her words:
 Here's my cowl, designed by Ann Hanson. The color transfer at the bottom doesn't make me happy. It's too rag looking. I might rip it... Now that I finally figured out the decoration it's easier to think of ripping it.  This yarn is from dyed in the wool, colorway is Nostalgia

It is very springy this week...green! and the flowers are so
bright and pretty. Everything in nature is popping.

The tulips are almost done.
The flowering cherry is blooming...somewhat...

We have seen deer out back in the field.....
Ruth has a "friendly" fox she sees often, and deer in her
front yard. But Martha beats us all...she has a BEAR!

Have a fun safe knitting week dear blog readers. Enjoy
the wonders of nature before the summer heat takes over.

No comments: