Sunday, August 4, 2019

Steps or Stitches ?

I was on vacation this week...and it was wonderful.
The weather could not have been better...I feel like I
actually got to enjoy summer.  Tiffany challenged me
to a step competition...my goal while I was off was to
get 10K steps a day.  I made the goal and went over most
every day. But I had to work at it.  At what cost?  Knitting.
I had to decide if I would walk steps, or knit stitches.
The steps won this week. so not much knitting to share.
I know I won't get as many when I work but that's ok,
it has become a habit to try now.

I made a hat this week.  Not much knitting involved at
all really.

Pattern is Ruby.
Size 2 needle
Knitpicks Stroll yarn.
This is unblocked. I'll have a better picture next week.
 Done just in the nick of time, too.
Riley Rose was born 5 weeks early...
4 lbs 11 oz...doing very well!

Working on these socks.
I have about 2" left before I start the heel gussett.
Yarn is  Leading Men Fiber Arts Show Stopper,
in colorway Steve and Andy.
I like how it's kind of camo, but not ugly camo.  :)

Played around with more yarn dying this week.
I tried to make the colors richer.  The yarn dyed
with food coloring will not wash clean. It's ok if it was
a one color project, but I am planning on 3 colors.
I like it a lot though.

 This will be a two color something
This is fingering yarn... a cute cowl
This was dyed purple with koolaid, then I overdyed
it with food coloring.
This is sock yarn, that was dyed with
beet juice and vinegar.
It was all a pain to wind...ugh.

Ruth is working on a new sweater.  Pattern is Spector by Joji Locatelli
Yarn is a combo of Spun Right Round and LITLG For a fade effect sweater.
400 Stitches so far#  Yikes...so cool huh!

Martha finished up her socks.
Square Peg Round Hole.
Heritage yarn
 She added a purl stitch on each side of the pattern.
I like them a lot, don't you!

She is going to use this Red Heart yarn she
got at a craft second hand store for a baby sweater.
Essential Baby Cardigan by Lisa Henderson.


Remember the baby sweater and hat I made a couple
of weeks ago.  Well it belongs to this guy.
Bryce  William,  7 lbs, 8 oz.
Cute!

Went to the farmers market today and got this haul
for $16.
all delish!
We had the beans and corn tonight.  I have the fruit made
into packs for our lunch.

I'm tired. I currently have 8975 steps, and I did not take a walk.
Maybe 500 are from swimming.
Im skipping the rest of the steps tonight and going for the stitches!

No comments: