Sunday, January 3, 2021

A New Year - Any Knitting Goals for 2021?

Happy New Year Dear Blog Readers.

Did you make any knitting goals for this year?  Share in comments please!

My knitting goal is to learn new things. I think I say that every year  And to play more with color.  Martha is fearless when it comes to color!  Ruth just dives into patterns and makes them work.  They are my knitting idols.  :)  Truth !

I have about  7" done on the sock leg since last week.

Using Dancing Leaf sock blank.  I wound the sock blank into a ball, then weighed it, and split into two balls.  I like it a lot!  This is the back....notice how the foot area is very blue.

Front - pattern is Double Eyelett.
Here is the back

I have a lot of yarn left over. Today I was knitting along and all of a sudden it it me..I have to remember to do ribbing since it's bottom up.  LOL!  I wanted to use all of the yarn but it might be too long.  Because I wanted to see the colors, and well, I wanted to use all of the yarn. My calves are big so I am increasing on the way up - that is what the markers are.  I'm wondering what the 2nd sock will look like.

Here is my sweater with the bottom ribbing done. I measured it a few times this week on a tube. I actually tinked back a little and then started the ribbing.  Length is good.  I am working on the first sleeve.  Since it is a yoke sweater, the sleeves are already about halfway down my arm.  I am anxious to get this done.  It will be, as Martha told me, like wearing a big blanket.  Lots of ease.

\

I have been wanting to do a Log Cabin washrag for a while. I have had the yarn. KnitPicks Dishie yarn.

So to keep with the goal of learning something new, I made this. Easy peasey, and now I know.  I am going to keep going and make a small blankie for my grandkid(s).  Who knows, this may be the only new thing I learn this year, but I met my goal !  HA!

Here are the other colors sitting in the bag. There are two purply ones, though different. I don't think I'll use one of them.  Not too thrilled with the beige, but that is what I have.  This will be extreme, I mean really extreme brainless knitting. 


 Ruth is continuing on with her sweater. The pattern had some bad information, so she ripped a lot of it out this week, and is now back to before she ripped.  Cobblestone cardigan with Bartlett yarn.  So nice.....!!!!!


Martha is working on her candycane sweater, as she calls it. Bartlett yarn also.

She is on the second sleeve cap, but has not sewn up the seam on the sleeve.  Elsbeth Cardigan.


She is going to make a hat for her principal that’s retiring. She has dark red shoulder length hair and brown eyes.  She thinks this yarn will look great. (me too wince it's my color hair).  She is   taking a poll. Which pompom should go on the hat? My vote is the purple or black.  Leave your vote in the comments.

She got these buttons to go with her sweater, but is now not sure.She may stash dive for buttons.

This week Martha also made this cute little sweater for one of her students. The student always rolls up her sleeves so Martha made it short sleeve.  Stash dive yarn.  Pattern is Raglan Child by Catherine McMillan on Ravelry.

The sweater is so cute and it is so nice of her!

In other news:

I took the Christmas decorations down  today.  Makes a mess.  I have a feeling it will take a couple of days to get the house back in order.  Took the real tree down, but going to keep the fake tree up till this weekend.



Have a great week dear blog readers.

Stay safe and be kind.


1 comment:

karen said...

I find de decorating faster than decorating. I don't have any goals but to knit a lot and read a lot and to be CALM. That's it that's my my 2021.