Sunday, January 23, 2022

Brrrr Cold

 Hi Dear Blog Readers....

Winter is here with a vengeance here in Western NY. It was -6 degrees when I got up yesterday morning. Big snowstorm Sunday night into Monday.  Great knitting weather....

though, I did not  knit much. Have just separated the sleeves on the yoke baby sweater I am making.

Pattern is:  She's Like a Rainbow  This is made with fingering weight yarn, but I am using Cascade 220 Superwash worsted...using numbers for smallest size. I'm hoping it turns out about a 12 month size so the new little girl can wear it next fall/winter.  I had to look at free baby yoke worsted patterns on Ravelry to tweak some of the measurements.  I think this will open up nicely once blocked. What would we do without Ravelry?


Ruth is working away on her sweater.  The first sleeve is probably done by the time I write this.

It is such a lovely sweater, dont' you think?


Remember a couple weeks ago when I told you Martha made a bunch of felted mittens for her pre-school class....Here is one little cutie wearing them:

In other news:

This is a picture of our driveway Monday morning.  We are getting more snow today.

 


I put these pics on  facebook, but want them here too.

Mason came yesterday and I pulled him around on his sled. I was running most of the time, and he was laughing so hard! We had fun.  He was not happy to come in, but Grammy was tired!

Note:  He is wearing the hat and mittens I made him.  He was playing in the snow. When he came in the mittens were wet on the outside, but dry on the inside. Wool is a wonderful thing!



I made pizza last night with sausage and onion. Joe said it was blogworthy...it was pretty good.  His half has tons of onions...




No comments: