Sunday, January 9, 2022

Uneventful

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!

This has been an uneventful knitting week here at Knitatation.  I started a new job at same company on Monday, and it is a lot to learn.  Luckily, I have a couple of brainless projects going.

Finished up the first sock.  I have to say, I love these colors!

Peace Love & yarn / Kestrel base / Colorway Graffiti / 100 SW Merino Wool

Normally I don't knit socks with 100% merino, but they are for me and I always wear slippers with homemade socks. Will also reinforce heel when I'm done.  I did a German Short row heel.  Have just a row done on sock #2.

This is the Modern Daily Knitting Striped Marled Hat. 

This is for a friend's husband who just lost his  hair from chemo. It looks big, but really isn't. Size 4 needles.

I tried it on Joe today and I "think" I will have enough yarn.  I like it much better with the brim rolled.

The yarn is Woolfolk Tynd, that pattern calls for. I was lucky to get it on sale from Yarn Culture

I will be honest, if I didn't get it on sale, I probably would not buy it. Pricey and not a lot of yardage. It is wonderful yarn.  So soft.  The yarn is held double throughout the pattern. 

I was going to start a baby sweater this weekend, but I need to get this guy his hat to keep his head warm!  

Ruth started a sock with yarn that she, Martha and I got from virtual Rhinebeck 2019.  Dancing Leaf Dyeworks. Colorway Rhinefleck. Super wash merino.  She is just starting...


 Here is a picture of her in the hat she just finished.  Witch Hare Beret.

I love this hat on her. She did a great job and its so regal.  I keep imagining her in the grocery store and people stopping her to say what a great hat she is wearing.


Martha is just about done with her socks. Miss Babs yarn and oh no they are too big. She is going to give them to her son who is very eclectic and will love them.  She is obviously very disappointed.  I would be too!


In other news:

Tiffany and Mark took Mason to the Strong Museum of Play today.  He had a blast.  The picture in the car is with his cousin (2 months older) Chenzo.  Joe said...of course Mason is driving!  LOL

Tiff said he had a blast.




 Have a great week dear blog readers. Stay safe and be kind.




No comments: