Sunday, January 2, 2022

Happy New year!! 2022

 Hi Dear Blog Readers....

Happy New Year !  Time goes so fast these days...that is why it's important to make the most of each day.

Not much knitting here this week. The big event was finishing up Tiffany's 2nd slipper.

Elve Slipper.  Size 3 needle.  Plymouth Select DK Superwash yarn.  This picture is pre-blocking.

I was bored with the 2nd one....LOL.  but may make a pair for me one day. I love them actually. I hope she does. 

This is Tiffany's ponytail hat. I ripped it out. Have to make it longer, and leave the opening larger on the top.

I knit quite a bit on my sock.  Ready to decrease for toe. I make myself about one pair a year.


Mason came on Monday wearing his Afternoon Knows sweater.  I'm glad she is putting it on him...and that it is a good fit. Not too big.

He is hard to photograph...always on the move!

He wore it for a couple of hours till he got in the cupboard, opened the lemon extract and spilled it all over him and the floor.  So it had to be washed.  (But my house smelled good!)

Ruth is done with her hat. I think it is sooo regal looking. She did a great job with the colorwork.

 Alice Starmore Witch Hare Beret. Her Hebridean yarn. it is a kit. 



Martha knit several pairs of felted mittens for her pre-school class and delivered them already so no pictures.  :)

In other news:

Ruth sent these two photo's of birds in the snow. I think this first picture could be a postcard!


 A new to them bird is in the feeder, and it is a Kinglet. 


Mason came last night and it was nice out so we put him on the little bike Joey rescued out of someones junk.   He knows to hold on and the thing has a steer stick until he is big enough to work the pedals. this picture was taken in the dark.


Joe and I took a day trip to Green Lakes State Park on Thursday.  His chiro told him about it.  It is near Syracuse, NY.  I took a lot of pictures because it was kind of fascinating.  They say on a sunny day it is even more beautiful!

This is a reef. There are signs all over to NOT walk on it or it will eventually be ruined.

The trail around the lake is just under 2 miles.

This is looking towards the beach.
Panoramic view



These pictures are looking thru the tress to the water. It is really that color!



Have a great week dear blog readers...Stay safe and be kind.


No comments: