Sunday, January 16, 2022

Hunker Down!!

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!

Here we are entering the 3rd week of  2022!  Yikes!  I started a different job at work, and it leaves little time for  knitting....I mean I never  knit during work...but I'm pretty darn tired at night.  Besides doing a 30 day yoga challenge, and getting steps in......knitting has been taking the back burner.

After a few "major" tweaks, I finished up Tiffany's Holey Hat.  Loosely based on the pattern.

The trick was getting the top hole large enough for the bun, but not too big.

The hat has one large cable on the top, like Mason's and Joe's.

She requested a hat to match Mason's but with a bun so I think it is a success!

The Modern Daily Knitting Striped Marled Hat. is done. 

I will mail it Tuesday.  Woolfolk Tynd Yarn. Size 3 needles for ribbing, Size 4 for main hat.

I made this hat  to try the technique, which is so simple, really, and I've done it before.  The yarn is really nice. So soft for the intended bald head.  My friend's husband who lost his hair from chemo.

No one around to take pictures so forgive the next two "selfies". 

Joe said it was a nice hat for a man, so a big win!  Would I make it again?  Maybe.

Ruth is working on her sock,   Dancing Leaf Dyeworks. Colorway Rhinebeck

She started working on catboat cardigan by Amy Christophers again.. Yarn is Green Mountain Spinnery Alpaca Elegance. Alpaca and wool. 2ply DK. Dragonwell colorway. She did a three needle bind off on the shoulders and am knitting the color. She is mulling over knitting sleeves separately per the pattern or picking up stitches and knitting them in place.


Martha started a new sweater. Pattern is Naima.

In her own words:

naima has a short and Tunic size. I’m debating to do in between size to put the pockets on, which I like.  We’ll see how it goes.  I’m using Gray Jill Draper Ansel which is not too processed merino and kind of rough texture.

Here’s. Picture of the collar. I just finished it. Some of the sweaters on Ravelry have very stretched out collars.  I’m hoping it’s from the soft texture of the yarn, and mine will stand up more, which is a look I like.  I’m ready to get onto the next step in this project which is doing sleeves etc.    here’s a close up of the eyelets if you want to use it. I like the look of a cable made by a decrease for the yo.


Here’s the picture of new sock yarn I’m making.  I need brown socks so I was happy to see a skein in my stash.


Here’s new pattern book I bought for a lot of money.  Outlanders is supposed to be a good TV show according to Emma, I Dk but this book is the knit wear for the show. 

My favorite pattern is the sweater I’m doing to show you which I will make out of the camel yarn Emma gave me.  I’m going to knit it with a mohair to soften it and soften the guard hairs if possible.  It’ll be an experiment. 

In other news:

We went to visit Mason, Tiffany and Mark on Wednesday.  He's so cute!

Went to visit Joey/Casey last night. This is Lake Ontario - view from their window.

The ice is starting to form.

Mark went fishing at Thousand Islands yesterday and caught a mess of fish

The nearly-weds went with us to see mom and dad today. We had a great visit.

Mom and dad were so happy.

Joe, Mason & Tiffany went too.

We are expecting a Nor/Easter storm tonight in to tomorrow night. I am making sauce and meatballs. I'll make bread during lunch tomorrow. I love comfort food during a storm.

Have a safe week dear blog readers....I hope you get a lot of time to knit.


1 comment:

karen said...

love the hat and to have a ponytail hole is a great idea, I might need one but I wear my hair down in the winter...