Sunday, February 20, 2022

Better Week

 Hi Dear Blog  Readers,

I have had a better week -more enthused about knitting...yea!

The  She's Like a Rainbow Sweater is done and blocking.  

Cascade 220 Superwash Yarn   Size 7 needles  Size 5 for ribbing and button band

I just set these little purple buttons on it so you can see what it will look like when done.  

As I'm looking at these pictures I see a couple of tweeks I'm going to make.

Have made good progress on the 2nd sock.  This is a close up of the German Short row heel.

I love these colors!

 

Ruth has made great progress on her sweater this week. I love how feminine it will be.

Yarn is Hyvilla Oy Lili,  Looks like one fiber is mohair and also poly something. The label is all Swedish. Pattern is Ivy Line by Yoko Johnston.

Martha has her Naima sleeve stitches off the needles.  

In her words:

I finally got off the sleeves so the knitting is going much faster.  I designed this to have a stand up collar bec I like that a lot, and I don’t like the stretched out neck look of the neck that’s stretched into the shoulder. Plus I really want my neck warm.  I was nervous about the yoke sleeve length which I had to refit to account for the neck.  Now I’m feeling much more confident and am knitting right along.  I did close up of the holes and I have 2” more before the shaping for the swing elements of the sweater start.  I’m hoping to make the sweater hip length and swingy. Not tunic length.  And I want to put the pockets in bec there’s a little cute color work there I want to do. I’m not sure I can make all those changes in the end but I have a lot of yarn and we’ll see how it goes.


She has a good start on the 2nd brown sock too!


In other news:

Mason was here yesterday...his Christmas sweater still fits!  It's so  nice and snuggly, lightweight so not a lot of bulk.


Joey and Casey are in Florida for a few days. Coming home late tonight.

We got to watch Benny while they were gone.  It's so hard to photograph, but we got tons of snow/wind/blizzardy conditions yesterday.  Notice how Benny's ears are blowing! The spot to the  left of that barrel was totally cleaned with the snowblower about 2 hours before this pictures was taken.  Joe made a nice spot for Benny to pee.  Thank goodness today is nice. 


Have a great week dear blog readers....I hope your week is peaceful and knitful!

No comments: