Sunday, February 6, 2022

Sleeve Island

Hi Dear Blog Readers.  I hope you had a good week.

I am working my way on the 1st sleeve of the  She's Like a Rainbow Sweater.  The baby is still under 5 lbs so it will be a long time before she can wear it. Maybe use it for a blanket?  LOL

I should be starting sleeve #2 tonight. Main body size 7 needles, sleeves, size 6.


This will look great when it's blocked...I hope!


I mentioned last week that Mason wore one of  Tiffany's scarfs when we went sledding.

I decided he needed a little cowl to just tuck into his coat.  That's what knitting grammy's do, right?

Loosely based on Pearlneck pattern.

I opted to do stockinette stitch, instead of seed. Last 3 rows were garter to try and avoid curling.

Size 7 needle, acrylic yarn from stash.  Mason was pretty cranky today so no picture...maybe next week.


 Ruth finished up her sweater!

Green Mtn Spinnery yarn. Alpaca Elegance a combo of fine wool and alpaca. Dragonwell colorway. Pattern is Catboat cardigan by Amy Christophers.  It looks great on her. I LOVE the fit! Such nice knitting!

 


The new blue sweater yarn is Hyvilla Oy Lili,  Looks like one fiber is mohair and also poly something. The label is all Swedish. Pattern is Ivy Line by Yoko Johnston.  Martha recently made this sweater.



 Check this out. This is her little grandson wearing the sweater she made him for Christmas. Beautiful fit!  Beautiful kid! Beautiful sweater!  Look at that face and how proud he is wearing sweater from Grandma!


 Martha ripped her gray Naima sweater and started over. She had the directions on her tablet and they were too hard to follow so now she has a printed version.

She is almost done with her first sock!


Ruth, Martha and I all are going to make the Daytripper Cardigan, in Lopi yarn.  March has her yarn, and Ruth and I ordered ours.  We will wear them to Rhinebeck in the fall.  I have some things to finish first - sleeves on my teal sweater that I put down when I was making Christmas presents.  Ruth and Martha are both just starting other sweaters so not sure when they will start theirs.  The sweater has steeks, which I've never  done before, and will need to practice.

Have a great week dear blog readers..

1 comment:

karen said...

so many projects!! all of them are beautiful! I was hoping to knit a sweater for our grandson before seeing him in person but I don't think I can knit that fast...