Sunday, December 3, 2023

My head is bigger than my stomach

 Hi dear blog readers!

Have you ever heard the expression:  my head is bigger than my stomach...order dessert and can't eat it...etc.  Well that is how my knitting is going.  I have a lot going on, and can't get to any of it.  Oh, and I started something new!

I'm working on the mittens. Plain pattern. But, one thing I incorporated from the pattern I stopped using was the slip stitch on the palm..making them nice and warm.

I want to make Mason mittens for Christmas....I better get moving!  

Arne and Carlos started an advent project. Start Dec 1st, stop Dec 24th...I'm already behind. It will be a big stocking.  Why I started? I don't know!  But I'm under no pressure to finish at any specific time.  Is anyone else doing this?  Green and red yarn is Cascade 220, and white is Plymouth select. Both have been in stash for a very long time.



Ruth is working on her sweater she took out of the UFO pile.
Anne Hanson sweater pattern Box Top Smock. Green Mtn Spinnery Mountain Mohair. Sky Blue color.
Very pretty!
 

 Martha is working away on her pretty sweater Wandering by Isabel Kreamer.
 

In other news:
Tiffany took her boys to see Santa this weekend:
the look on their faces are priceless:
 
Jayce: What is happening right now...Mason is with me so I'm not scared...I wonder if I can eat that white beard
Mason: Very carefully explaining the one thing he wants from Santa...in detail!

 
And we saw Sweet Charlotte - 10 days old. She slept the whole time.

 
Mickey loves his tree.....fake tree up. Real tree up next weekend I hope.
We are currently having a thunderstorm...in Western New York...in December!
Have a great week dear blog readers...

 


1 comment:

Jane said...

The little ones are darling, so precious. The knitting is all beautiful. Everyone has chosen such pretty patterns and yarns. I hope you enjoy this season.