Sunday, June 9, 2024

 Hi Dear Blog Readers...

It sure does not feel like summer here in Western New York. We have had 2.5" of rain since Thursday.  A small tree blew over in the back yarn from the wind on Friday.  This week will be cool.  But it's actually been wonderful to walk and sit outside.  The air is so nice and fresh!  I'm trying to write earlier this week...I'm usually so tired by the time Sunday night comes around.

 

The Golden Assam Sweater is blocking.

Size 2 needles, yarn is Isager Tvinni - I made the 4th size (42).  I would normally make a 38/40 but gauge told me to make this size. I think it will work perfectly.  I added a few stitches on the sides for my hips.

 
A couple of weeks ago I saw this sock pattern on Ravelry.  Noticed that the designer used this interesting heel so I bought the pattern just for the heel. It's called an increased gusset.  It is the same as the German Short row heel, except you increase a few stitches, then decrease. Not sure if I will like it. I'll have to wear them to see I guess.  It definitely used more yarn.

 

Just starting down the foot on mine.  These are the snowflake socks I started a bit ago.

Ruth and I went to a fiber show a few weeks ago and I saw this stunning shawl. I think I was intrigued by the colors....I'm really liking tweedy yarn lately.  The Pattern is Ric Rac.

The shawl I saw was in the booth of Sandy Long - LongMeadow Farm.  I have purchased her yarn before and it's a dream to work with.  And I seem to gravitate toward little shawls in the summer.  


I picked out the oatmeal base color, and a fun kit with the other colors. She said that there is enough yarn in the kit to make a larger one than she made.

I did look around Ravelry for a pattern I may like better but didn't find one.  Anxious to get started; especially since the sock is brainless till I get to the foot part.


Ruth is working on a vest. Islanders Vest by Libby Mills from Green Mountain Spinnery. Yarn is natural brown Finn wool from Dayton Finnsheep Farm.   She has had a few starts and stops this week but is on her way now. It will be so nice don't you think!

Martha is working on sock #2.  She is busy with end of year school activities. Almost done for the year!

She and her daughter Emma (blue shirt) and a friend were celebrating "knitting in public" day yesterday....so fun!


In other news:

We had a busy week. Finally have all of the flowers planted.  Work was really busy again. 

This is a picture Joey sent me which I love. Benny watching over little Charlotte Jane.

Jayce feels like a big boy playing with the blocks at a trampoline park.

We celebrated Joe's birthday this week.



Have a great week dear blog readers...



2 comments:

Jane said...

Hooray for your finished sweater. It looks very nice. The other projects are coming along. I knit one of Cassapinka's shawls and enjoyed it. She designs shawls with interesting textures. I look forward to seeing yours in all those pretty colors. The little ones are so sweet. I always enjoy seeing them. Have a good week.

karen said...

love the ric rac - a great way to use up some yarns!! I am noodling around ravelry for a new project to start, maybe a sweater, we will see!