Monday, May 28, 2007

Looooonnnngggg Borrrriiiinnnnnggggg Weekend!


It was a weekend made in heaven, long, boring and not too exciting. With the new job, it was just what my brain needed. I made some progress on my sweater, and the end is definately in site. Last class is Thursday, I was hoping to have more accomplished by then but Elizabeth Zimmerman instructions are too vauge for me to follow.

Notice how the stripes line up? I'm still amazed that I did that!


I've started a hat:


Enough about knitting for now.
I'd like to give you a lesson in let's say.......fish hooks.

See these three hooks in the middle section of this picture....they have a little
fork type of thing that makes it set into the fish once the fish gets it in his mouth.


Now - just image what would happen if you got that in let's say .... a finger....
well you don't have to imagine....let me show you:

That three pronged hook is stuck as deep as it can get in Joey's thumb and first finger.


I took these pictures in the hospital emergency room.

They left to go fishing at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday evening. This happened at 4:00 a.m
Sunday morning in the middle of Lake Erie. He cannot move his two fingers - it's like
they are krazy glued together. Imagine all of this. They had to get the boat back to shore,
out of the water and drive the 1.5 hours home. Got to emergency room at our local
hospital about 7:00 a.m. I won't go into the gory details.

To answer a couple of your burning questions:

1. He did not need stitches, but the holes in his fingers are SIGNIFICANT.
2. The Dr. numbed it and then "yanked".
3. I was not in the room - Joe left too. Poor kid has wimps for parents.
4. And to answer your most burning question: NO! he did not get the fish! It was a
garbage fish (sheephead) that he was trying to get off the hook, and as the fish kept
wiggling to get away - the hook kept sinking deeper in Joey's finger.

Needless to say we missed a couple of family parties on Sunday.

With these boys in my house....do you wonder why I crave boring?

Toodles

No comments: