Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Old and New

A long overdue post...I couldn't write about the presents I was making cause I wanted them to be a surprise.

Our holidays were wonderful and exhausting. It was great to see family! It was so great to be home. Joe and I have not had this many days home together in a year - it's been wonderful. We have hardly done a thing - just sitting around vegging - and resting our muddled brains.

I made this hat and scarf for Tiffany. Not the best picture but this is early Christmas morning - what can you expect. The scarf if out of One Skein. I modified one side and made it seed stitch so it wouldn't curl The other side is a cable with ribbing inbetween the ends. It was very easy and great for lunchtime knitting. I found the hat pattern on Ravelry: Asminah's Hat.
The yarn is Unikat - made in Germany - color Earth, purchased at Spirit Works yarn shop.


I made the boys each felted clogs. Joey absolutely loves his. Joe's are a bit tight. These are a few pictures of Joey's. Joey's are a teal blue. Joey felt like modeling. His legs are not that fat - (but they are that hairy!). They are made out of a nice felting yarn - had to use three strands held together - I can't for the life of me remember the name of it and can't find the ball bands. I have yarn to make Tiffany some pink ones. Mine will be a combination of all the leftover yarns.



Joe went to Spirit Work to do some shopping for me this year. Yea! He got me a cute little Spirit
Work tape meaure, a book: Box of Knitted Sweaters, and a KnitWits Hat Kit. From Barnes & Noble, he got me the Handknit Holidays book, which I had requested. And on his own, he got me the Holiday Knits book. Needless to say, I was impresssed.


I bought some Luxe yarn by Classic Elite to make a scarf to go with the coat mom got me for Christmas. The color is a very pretty cranberry - did not photo well. I decided to do a brioche stitch and it is - was - coming a long so beautifully - that yarn is so amazing - but when I added a new skein I didn't like my join and decided to tink back and restart at the join. Well, tinking back brioche stitch is not easy and i mucked the whole thing up. I am so PISSED! at myself. Hoping Jeannine can help.... I have 20 inches done, and would have been able to wear it to work tomorrow if I hadn't screwed it up!


I have been working on my baby surprise jacket - and should have the knitting part done tonight.


I have also finished one sock for Joe. A very brainless easy pattern to get me thru the holidays
so you see, I have been a busy knitting girl, just not writing about it.

The kids got me a spirit work gift certificate which I used to purchase yarn for my Elizabeth Zimmerman sweater....a color work patter at the yoke. More about that later.

Some family photos:

Mom and Dad's dog - Ivy


My brother's family: Joel, Sandy, Vicky, Destiny.
Notice Destiny is taller than Vicky.


My kids:



Mom and dad:



Happy New Year - Here's hoping 2008 is a good one.

Stay safe!

No comments: