Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sensory Overload

Ruth and I went to the Hemlock Fiber Festival yesterday and we were definitely on Sensory Overload. All of the beautiful yarns to touch and see....it was almost overwhelming. We both had a dream yarn we came home without. Mine was a silk lace yarn and Ruth's was a skein of cashmere.....gives us something to dream about for the future. I have been trying to put a lot of time in to the timesucker project - I am on skein #9.



I have been working on a pair of socks for Joe for Christmas. They are a bit heavier than I thought they would be. Doing them on Addi 1.5's. I made up a slip stitch pattern for the top...

1.5 inches of ribbing
Row 1 k,k, slip k
Row 2 k

I like the way it looks- it's easy but gives me a little something to think about.


this is a terrible picture, but you get the idea.


My February Lady Sweater is coming along very slowly.




I saw Ruth's yesterday and hers is turning out FABULOUS. She is almost done with the body.

I went to the Dr this week because of some severe numbing issues i'm having with my right hand - basically it quits working. She's sending me for carpul tunnel testing - a hazard of my occupation at the computer all day. She said Knitting definitely aggravates and advised me to stop. She said well if you have a project to finish up go ahead, but know it's going to hurt.....if she only knew!

Have a save week.

No comments: