Sunday, September 28, 2008

Survey and Stuff

Well, the time sucker is half finished - a great big yahoo is in order! One of Joe's socks is done, and I have started the 2nd sleeve on the long forgotten teal sweater.

Ruth is working on the arms on her February lady sweater...isn't it fab!


I have decided to rip mine out and start over...I need to make a nicer edge...
glad i decided this before I started the lace!

Martha has been doing a little knitting:

socks


and a vest - love love love the colors!



I am too tired to take pictures of my stuff tonight - thank goodness they are on the ball.

Joe (and other members of the family) agreed to take a survey that is going around:

What is your favorite thing about my knitting?
Joe: It keeps you quiet - and lets you do something you like to do while I do stuff
I like to do.
Abbey (dog): Sometimes when you knit you rub my back with your foot
Magic (cat): You let me sit in your lap when you're knitting

What is your least favorite thing about my knitting?
Joe: The cost of the yarn
Abbey: When you knit complicated stuff, you won't pay attention to me
Magic: When you knit light colored stuff you won't let me near you cause
of my black fur

What is something I have knitted that you recall as being good?
Joe: Everything you have knitted is really good. I like the socks.
I love my hoody, but can only wear it certain places.
Abbey: The boys slippers, I love to carry them around in my mouth
Magic: I love to lay on the sweaters when you're not looking

Do you think knitters have an expensive hobby?
Joe: Not really because you have something to show for it
Abbey: NA
Magic: NA

Has my knitting in public ever embarrassed you?
Joe: NEVER
Abbey and Magic: Since you won't let us leave home, we don't know

Do you know my favorite kind of yarn?
Joe: Yes, it comes off an alpaca - whatever that is
Abbey - NA
Magic - I don't know, but I love the soft stuff

Do you mind that I want to check out yarn stores everywhere we go?
Joe: No
Abbey and Magic: NA

Do you understand the importance of a swatch?
Joe: No
Abbey: Can you eat it?

Do you read Knitatation?
Joe: Yes
Abbey and Magic: NA

Can you name another blog?
Joe: No
Abbey and Magic: NA

Anything you'd like to add?
Joe: No

Do you think the house would be cleaner if I didn't knit?
Joe: No
Abbey: I think you'd be a bigger pain in the ass about my fur all over the place.

Thanks Joe for being so supportive of my knitting!

No comments: