Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Solstice

Summer has officially arrived. Here in Western NY, it is very nice - 70's.
The pool is nice - life is good.

Clue 3 of  Through the Loops Mystery Shawl came out on Wednesday.
Each row is a lot of knitting now.  I am 1/3 of the way done.  Each row
has a  lot of straight knitting so it goes pretty quick. The final clue comes
out this week.













Reminder yarn is Malabrigo lace. It is sooo sooo soft to work
with, I love it.  It has a little cashmere, and a hazy look up close.
One thing I really like is if I drop a stitch, it stays put till Ican
fix it.














See the stitch by my thumb....thank goodness I saw that or I would
have had to rip back 3 rows....

Wendy Johnson's Summer Solstice Mystery Shawl 1st pattern
came out this week also. 

I am using Skein yarn purchased at Loopy Ewe.  It is 80% Merino
and 20% Cashmere. So nice.














I wanted a color that was light to see the pattern.
 And I don't have anything lighter like this. Usually I pick jewel colors.














The pattern is easy so far, but only 6 rows.  In typical Wendy
style, I think it will be really nice.














Martha finished up her socks this week.  Notice
now much yarn she had left!  These were made in Shaffer yarn.
(see last week's post for details).













Now that is cutting it close!

Ruth and Martha are vacationing in Lake Placid with their two
other sisters this week, I hope they have fun.
Ruth is starting the Middy sweater in the new Knitty.
(no pics yet)


In other news:
I was very domestic yesterday. 

Made two batches of strawberry jam (freezer).














And made chocolate chocolate chip cookies.















I really had to improvise on the recipie (made it up)
and luckily they turned out GREAT!

Have a fun summery week....

No comments: