Sunday, September 28, 2014

Messed Up

Sweater:
Coming along nicely, but I realized today I messed up. 
Partly because it took me so long to start it. I was originally
(when I bought the  yarn) going to do the garter part in 
the brown. Fast forward 8 months when I actually started
and I forgot that little detail.  Now I'm not sure I will have
enough brown, and I really wanted to wear to Rhinebeck.
So do I order some? wait it out?  I really have to think
about this. and fast !
Just about ready to start button holes, and then can start
sleeves.


Sock progress:
I've tried not to spend much time on the socks, but had a long day
of fishing yesterday and the sweater was just too big.  I was afraid
I was going to run out of yarn, and now I'm sure, about 1/2 a foot
amount.  


 Current sock is sitting on top of finished sock.  See the brown that I'm going
to do next. The yarn runs out there!  They are almost exactly the same
that's how I know.  I fished thru the yarn bin today and came up with something
similar, but it has blue in it. I'm going to integrate it with the brown. thank
goodness that part does not show when in a shoe. If it wasn't for mom, I would
not care.

The boys thought this was the closest match.

Check this out. I keep looking and looking at this picture.
About a year ago, I made a baby sweater for Tiffany's friend
Christina.  She did not find out if she was having a boy or girl,
she wanted a surprise. Remember this? I gave her the boy
camo sweater and told her if she had a girl, I'd make her another
one. She had a boy...Hunter...he is nine months old now.


 Isn't he a cutie pie!

Martha finished her sweater and I think it is Fabulous!  Pattern/yarn
combo, and fit are prefect.  This is pattern Magnolia by c2knits.   This was sort of top 
down, front and back were knitted separately then joined up
 at the armpits.She added many short rows on front and back. 
The tarn is Tandem by Tahki knits.  She is so pretty wearing it.



Look at those cute sleeves!

Ruth was away this weekend and did not send pics. I know she is done
with her sweater! and working on socks.

In other news:
We went fishing yesterday. Lake Erie was beautiful. Joe caught
tons of fish, me just two.

It was so dark by the time we got home and settled, he had to clean
them by lantern light.  It was such a beautiful evening....

Wish me luck with the sweater.....have a great week















No comments: