Sunday, October 26, 2014

Reflections

This week will be reflections from Rhinebeck. It was
awesome this year, as usual.

Regular knitting update first. I finished the first sock, and have
a small start on the 2nd one. I am totally bored. I do not
usually knit one thing exclusively, but want to get these done.

The pink yarn is from Loopy Ewe Solid series, and it is totally awesome.
Soft and squishy. 100% merino.

Ruth finished up her friend's socks, reminder the pattern is Monkey.

Saw them in person last weekend and they are really cool.

Martha finished up the socks in Plymouth Diversity yarn for
her daughter. Plain pattern with short row heel. Love the colors.


Now for Rhinebeck update.  We took a boat tour on the Hudson  River
Friday. It was so so beautiful. Not totally cold, kind of windy.
I did not take many pictures there, no I wish I had.  Here are a few
of the animals.


The weather was nice.  Cooler, and we got sprinkled on a little but not
totally awful.
Here is a picture of Ruth and Martha when we were leaving

my stash:
the purple blob will eventually be a sweater.

Ruth's stash:
the fluffy thing is a fleece she got. very nice.

Martha's stash:
She and Ruth each got one of those cool mugs.

Saturday night we went to the Culinary Institute -  French Restaurant.
Here is our best attempt at a selfie:

We ate French and it was not so good.

Martha gave me this teal blue yarn - Valley Yarns. it is beautiful.
Ruth gave me the rainbow yarn - comfort yarn - so nice.  They
each gave really really wonderful presents this year. 

 We had such a good time, it can't be described in words on a blog.  LOL

In between winding all my yarn, I made cookies today.
It's cold here. Until next week...stay warm and knit on.

1 comment:

martha said...

I love it all especially the cookies! Yum