Sunday, July 31, 2016

Summer Staycation

I was on a stay (stay at home) vacation this week. It
felt wonderful to be home and not at work. Ruth and I had a
wonderful day at Canandaigua Lake on Monday, in spite
of the rain.

 Ruth and Martha gifted me some very soft
100% Superfine Alpaca from their yarn crawl a
couple of weeks ago. It's hard to tell but it is blue
and green. Yarn and Soul yarn.
Thanks, girls!! 



 I think it will make a nice shawl.
 Pattern yet to be determined.
 Got the new swift up and running.
It is big, but works good.
 Started a new shawl for me for Tiffany's wedding.

 Yarn is Tucker Woods Estrellita
Lace (with sparkles!)
 The colored yarn is provisional cast on so that will be
coming out at the end.
Pattern is Marduta 
Size 4 needle.  Just barely started.
I needed to start this weekend so my brain
knew what it was doing during the week after work.

 Sofie sweater is ready to have band on front picked
up and knit. I'm nervous about that.  Have not done a sweater
like that  before, but I'm sure it will be fine. 

The 2nd sock in Panda Silk is coming along.

 Ruth has knit a couple of dishcloths while she contemplates
her next big project.

 Martha is traveling to Miami to take her daughter to
college.  Safe travels girls!

In other news, this week was my birthday.

Joey got me flowers and cooked a wonderful
chicken dinner.



Flowers from Mark too
Tiffany got me jewelry to wear to the wedding..Stunning.
and a cheese board for our parties!  Can't wait to use it.

Joe and I went on a date last night and saw fireworks in
tiny Byron NY.  Who knew they had them...


Have a wonderful week...tomorrow is August 1st.
Yikes!



No comments: