Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sloooooow Going







 I have started a shawl that I hope to have done
for Tiffany's wedding, but I don't think I will
I'm loving the blue sparkly yarn.
 This is a truer color.
This is 8" with two repeats done.
It took me all of this week to do the one repeat.
Seven weeks till the wedding.
Not gonna happen.

Marduta Shawl

Also started a pair of vanilla socks in Socks that Rock
Just for brainless work when I need it.
 Ruth is working on a nice shawl.
Schaeffer Anne yarn which she said is a little itchy.
Pattern is Ginko Shoulderette Shawl.

So pretty!!

Martha finished up a pair of vanilla sock...very colorful$



She is also working on a colorful sweater....

In her own words since she can explain
better than me:
This sweater I'm making from sock ends. It's kind of wild colors.
 I'm trying not to get too worried about the color clashing,
 because I'm channeling my sister, Anna, who loved color.
 Also if you'll look at the pattern the first color combo is
 bright. This sweater is called Nautical Striped Cardigan
 by the blog Knit a Bit, Crochet Away. No name on the blog! 
I'm going for a colorful lighter weight sweater. I have one 
that's getting pretty ratty so I'm hoping this is my substitute 
and it'll go with jeans and any other colored shirt. BIK Martha


It's been so hot here. So very very hot.  Hard to knit.
Hard to sleep.  We don't have any air conditioning in
our house.  Just a pool to jump into to get cool.

In other news.

Joe went fishing last week and caught
a nice meal.
KeeLee continues to be cute!



 I mentioned that Tiffany got me a cheese board
for my bday. It's the perfect size for Happy Hour.




Have a good week.
Stay cool!





No comments: