Sunday, March 12, 2017

Meet me at the Ryman

This was quite a week for Joe and I. We took a vacation and
went to Nashville TN. This is the first time the two of us have
been away, alone, since our honeymoon...for a week.
It was wonderful.  Needless to say, not much knitting.

Knit quite a bit on the sock during drive time. It's about
7" now.

Started the Winterlight Shawl...and just didn't like it.
Ripped....
So today I started a scarf..this is a gradient set..
and I'm not crazy about it either...so will be ripping.
I think I know what I might do.  The problem is the fit....
I do not like shawls that are ackward to wear....



We had an awful storm here in Holley/Rochester/Webster area.
The winds.  Trees down all over. Powerlines down all over.
Some people out since Wed and still out today.

Ruth did not have power till today so she did not knit
much.


Martha is 99% close to being done on her
sock blanket.

 She has started the orange border...

 It is so over the top beautiful.

She is working on a hat while this blocks.

 We went to two yarn shops while in Nashville.
Haus of Yarns...
I got this pattern:
Meet me at the Ryman
Ryman theater is in downtown Nashville.
they call it the mother church of country music


 Debbie Bliss yarn. The pattern was knit
up in the shop and I loved it.  The
pattern author was sitting right there.

 The next day we went to Bliss Yarn.
They have Miss Babs yarn....
my first ever!

and Malabrigo, the colors are more green than blue
as it looks like in this picture.

It was so wonderful to be in the yarn shops. I realized
how much I miss that.  I am mostly the mercy of on-line
purchases, and the monitor colors are not always correct.
Both shops had friendly workers, lot of sitting/knitting
space and they were very light and well lit.

We went to the Nashville Farmers  Market
almost every day. They had wonderful,
fresh food.
This guy is making my wood fired pizza.


This guy on the s teel guitar played for
Brooks and Dunn! He was beyond
awesome.


 We saw a restaurant called the Aquarium at the mall.
The inside feels like you are in an aquarium...all fishy
and blue.  Soooo cool.  This is a pic from the outside.


 Rooftops are popular. The views are amazing.
 and fun.  It was 70 degrees.

 March Madness...they closed down the main street
because Kansas University was playing on Friday.
totally closed the main street. Filled it with basketball
stuff, giant TV's, food, etc.  Pretty cool.
Here you can see it from the rooftop at dusk.

Another view from night

 I didnt get that  many pictures. Joe got more.
It was an amazing experience.....amazing!

We are expecting another storm this week, I hope
the power does not go out. Stay safe and stay knitting!


No comments: