Sunday, March 26, 2017

Starts and Stops

I don't know about you, but this time of year I get bored...
with everything!  Even knitting.  I want to start and start
and start projects, without any thought of finishing them.
Not good.  This weekend, I managed to finish up the
baby sweater.
Granny's Favourite
Size 7 needle
Valley Yarn - Haydenville




 I got the daisy buttons in Nashville.
Thought I would have enough yarn left for a
hat, but I don't think I do. I added the pattern
to the bottom of sweater...I like it...for little Miss Shaw
due end of June.

Working on infinity scarf.
About 1/2 way done with color 4.

I asked Joe what he thought and all he said was
"I like the purple"....LOL

Decided I liked the giant sock again. so got the heel
turned today.  Do you do that?  Work on something
so long you get sick of it and have to put it down for
a while, then fall in love with it again?


I joined some thing that is a year of techniques...
the first one is helical stripes.  Pattern is Hyacinthus...
fingerless mitts. I did helical stripes before, but this
is a bit different.  Using Koigu yarn, and the blue yarn
is Loopy Ewe Solid Series blue. 

So far so good.  I altered the ribbing quite a bit
Called for 72 stitches, I used 48, then increased
to 58 before starting stripes.  kind of fun...so far.


Here is the koolaid died yarn all wound up.
Notice one ball is more blue, that must have been
on the bottom.

I swatched a little with 30 stitches. For a sock
it will look different, because of more stitches.

Joe and Joey BOTH like it a lot, so one of them will
get crazy socks for  Christmas!  I think its a little wild
for a baby sweater...what do you think?

Ruth is working on her Harrisville sweater...
I love the color!


She has had a lot of time this week where she had to sit and
visit, so she picked up a sock she started a while ago.

After Martha's crazy baby blanket, she is doing a sock.


Old Joe pattern....

Yarn  / pattern combo are great, don't you think?

A co-worker brought me flowers this week.
Warmed my heart.  She had a tough couple
of weeks and I helped her out a bit.
I asked her what the flowers were for and
she said
"cause you're the most adorable thing on the planet"..
LOL...she needs to get out more!

And finally, it rained and rained and rained
all day yesterday.  There is something so endearing
when a guy takes a little dog out in her rain coat!



Have a great week dear blog readers!!!! Knit like
the wind before spring gets here!





















No comments: