Sunday, February 18, 2018

Springy

 Very springy out today. This week sounds very warm...yea!
I finished up the 2nd sock today and very happy with the
results.  This picture is when they were just blocked.




 I leave 16 stitches on each needle before I kitchner. And this
past year have started using a rounded toe decrease which
I like a lot. This pic is pre-blocking so will look nicer
after that.

I like the after thought heel with the colorful yarn.
 This is a pattern I made up.
Bobble every 4 stitches, then knit 6 rows and do a slip
stitch every 4 stitches. It kept my interest....


 Martha gave me the yarn at Rhinebeck. I love the vibrant
colors!  Knitpicks Stroll. I still have quite a bit left.

 I did manage to do a little work on the sweater sleeve. 

 Started a par of socks for Joey.  Panda silk yarn.
His feet love yarn with bamboo, it helps wick the mositure
away.  I'm not sure what the pattern will be yet. Something
simple.  The color is a nice chocolate brown.  Good
for guy socks.
 My main focus will be the sweater, but sometimes it's too
bulky or I'm too tired to work on it.



 Ruth is almost done with her baby blanket.
Love the colors. I can't wait to see a little baby
on it!

 Martha is traveling today, so no updates from her.

In other news:

We had a party for Tiffany's birthday today.  Joe told me he
was excited people were coming so the blog would not be
so dull.  Huh?????????

I made lasagna, bread, and salad. I made the big pot of sauce
yesterday.

 Some family pictures





 I made cheesecake yesterday too.



Mickey was very social while the company was here..
which is VERY unusual. Usually he hides.  He was out and about
all day.

In this picture he was preening for Tiffany...he loves
when she comes over.

Have a great week dear blog readers....
enjoy the warmth.

No comments: