Sunday, August 2, 2020

Simple Update

Hi Dear Blog readers,
A simple update tonight.

I finally got the sides sewn up on the Snuggly I made
Mason in April.. And added buttons.
In the 2nd picture I drew a circle around the area where
I stopped sewing.  I think it turned out nice.
I hope he likes it.


I finished the knitting on the Snuggly Sleep Sack.
Encore Yarn
Size 8 needle
4.5 skeins

Started the placket on the Wallaby for my niece
Faith.


Started Simply Perfect Top using the Dapple yarn.
Really neat construction.  Not quite sure where its going.
I was going to rip, but decided to move forward for now.
It has been a lot of knitting so far, even though it does not look like it.


Ruth is continuing to make progress on the wonderful baby blanket.

Martha started this baby sweater:
In her own words, because she describes everything so well:
This is the sweater I’m making for the 3yo son of my friend from work. His sister is the one that I made the other  Noro sweater for. This is from yarn from my knitting designer Ann, who gave me these balls left over from her projects. They matched so nicely I decided to make a simple raglan sweater with stripes from them. The yarns are Elsebeth Lavold Silky wool, Mallard color, 45% wool, 35% silk, 20% Nylon, that’s the unfuzzy yarn. Then the fuzzy one is Rowan Felted Tweed, 50% wool, 25% Alpaca, 25% Viscose. Can you see the stripes. They’re subtle.

I can see the stripes, can you?

In other news:

Here is Joe's garden. Well it's our garden, but he does 97 percent of the work, or more.
We have been eating yellow squash, beet greens and green beans. Oh and onions, I don't eat them.
LOL.  The field in the back is soybeans a farmer planted.



Martha did landscaping today,.
 She   ran out of the rocks or  would have gone further forward on it. She said these are miserly left over stones from other landscaping projects. Actually all the stones she outlined the walk with were left over stones from the landscaping. Very Medieval looking she knows.  I think it looks great.  I love her
flowers.



That's all there is folks.
Stay safe and be kind and knit A LOT this week.  :)

No comments: