Sunday, August 9, 2020

When your kid says "Mom, I've got to tell you something"

 When your kid says "Mom, I've got to tell you something" all sorts of things flash through your mind in a split second.  That's what happened to me this week.  When I took the snuggly to drop it off  to Tiffany, she said "Mom, I've got to tell you something. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I don't like the buttons you put on Mason's snuggly.  She said it is such a nice classic knit and the buttons make it looks cheap.  Well, she was right. When I went to get buttons, they had very limited selection.  So we stopped Friday and found some we both liked a lot better.

BEFORE

  AFTER

They are not sewn in yet, maybe this week.


 

I ripped the Simply Perfect Top I had started. I didn't really like the pattern. It was very clever, but left a too many things to the imagination.  Other did it and did it well, just not me I guess. Maybe I'll try some other time.

I started the Pothos Tee.  Barely started. 

 

 Made a little progress on the Wallaby. I'm working on the hood now.

Ruth is working on her the beautiful baby blanket for Mason.   I think she's almost done.

 Pattern is Cradle Me by Anne Hanson.

Martha is working on her sweater for 3 year old boy. 
Free Raglan Sweater by Karen O’Hanlon Cohrt Knit Designs.

I love it!  She is loving the striping also.  Very classic and chic

In other news:


Joe and I had a date yesterday.  Really the first one since covid hit.  We have not been to a restaurant together or anything. We went fishing and to lunch in the boat. I took  knitting but never really knit. We were catching too many fish.  The water was calm, it wasn't 'too hot, it was just really nice.

Here are a few pictures. 









I saw this lavender Studebaker car at Wegmans grocery store today.


We have tomatoes!

We had a little picnic today and I guess little Mickey could see better way up there.


 Here is a picture of Martha's dog Penny snuggling with her husband.

So cute!


 Ruth and Martha and I are planning our own version of Rhinebeck this year.  Martha is calling it Rhinebeck 2.0!  Only 8 weeks.  Mason will be here in 6 weeks if he's on time.

So basically no knitting this weekend, but the fun social activities were so good for our soul.

 I will try to remember that tomorrow since I got NO cleaning done this weekend. I'll be playing catch up all week, but it was sure worth it.

Have a good week dear blog readers. Stay safe and be kind.













 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

karen said...

love the new buttons but the old buttons were nice if you like the pop of color! Like you we haven't been out to a restaurant since the second week of March. We could do outdoor dining but I guess I keep resisting. You guys caught a LOT of fish!