Sunday, December 20, 2020

Twas the Week Before Christmas

Twas the week before Christmas and all through the house, the knitting was complete - well almost. 

The socks have been knit and now it's the hats with a pair of felted slippers going to be last.

 You've seen a lot of this before.  There is a hat for my brother (black), socks for Tiffany, mom and Vicky.  Hat for Joe and my dad.  Socks for Mark, Tiffany and Mason.

 

Pappa bear (size 13) mamma bear and baby bear socks.

Hawthorne yarn from Knitpicks.

Baby bear's feet have grown. I told him I am cramming his foot in for a picture and then he doesn't have to wear them again.

With that said, I made him a larger pair. Since he wears a lot of Buffalo plaid, these should match a lot of his wardrobe.

Made a headband for Casey in my favorite Plymouth Select worsted superwash yarn. Size 7 needle. Pattern is Alpine Headband, free on Ravelry. 

Made my dad a hat. Started on Friday. 96 stitches. Encore yarn. Made a beanie size. Just winged it.

Still have one felted slipper to finish. I'm working on the bottom sole.

I love these socks. For Tiffany.  Pattern is: Snippet from 52 Weeks of Socks.

I added some Ktbl down the front for more visual interest.  Yarn is Nomade purchased from Modern Daily knitting.   With 500 yards for $24 it's a steal. Color is called happy.  It is salmony color with bits of pink.  I loved working with it. 



Not as much gift knitting as prior years, but I knit a few things for Mason this year.


Ruth is working on her Cobblestone cardigan with Bartlett yarn. She said it's quite boring right now. It's going to be very nice !

 


Martha has started her sweater over.  In her own words:

That’s because it is.  I knit up to past the armpit and measured the width.  It was nearly 24” which would add up to a 48” sweater which is big for me.  I read and recalculated the gauge several times with two gauge calculators and couldn’t figure out why it was so big. It was hard to see the stitches with the rag component on the yarn. So I did some laborious math and figured out I needed it to be about 8 stitches less, so I’m starting again.  Oft o the races.  I’m glad it’s such an easy pattern. 

This week I made about 35+ face masks for gifts.  I t was fun I used two patterns.  I’m glad to have it cleaned up too there’s a lot involved with sewing too. 

Have a great Xmas knitters.  It’s snowing here ❄❄❄️. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿงถ  Be very safe. 

Does this look the same?




In other news:

For those that celebrate, have a Merry Christmas.  This is a strange year.  Be safe and be kind.

Count your blessings because we all have them.....





1 comment:

karen said...

wow! you really made a lot of stuff! I made four pairs of socks and finished my sister's featherweight cardigan. Oh wait, I made my husband a pair of socks too. Merry Christmas!!