Sunday, May 30, 2021

We Take it for Granted

 Hi Dear Blog Readers...

Happy Memorial Weekend. We have had our heat on!  Summer days are coming next week. Yea.

I finished the body of the Fern & Feather Sweater, and have started a sleeve.  I'm so glad I ripped, it would have been way too big.  The fit will be just right now I think (hope).


 Little 8- month old Mason came to visit me on  Friday.  It was damp and chilly so Tiffany put him in the sweater Ruth made for him (thanks again, Ruth).  I was thinking how wonderful hand knits and especially baby knits are. I think we as  knitters take them for granted.

The knitted fabric moved and grooved with him (he does LOTS of moving and grooving now).  When he wears store bought sweatshirts, they just don't give, are stiff, ride up and just not nearly as nice.  he was so comfortable.
Who wouldn't want to take a nap in this sweater!

My point is:  Don't take what we do for granted.  Even if this wasn't a cute baby and Ruth didn't make the sweater, knitters so some pretty awesome stuff.  Embrace it!


Ruth is working on socks this week!  Uneek sock yarn. Basic sock pattern.  Yarn gifted from Martha. 

I love the colors!  so fun. 

Martha had to rip her sweater sleeve today.  She hopes to have an update next week.


Have a wonderful week dear blog readers.  Happy Summer !

Remember to be kind and stay safe.


1 comment:

karen said...

I miss babies! What an adorable child :) Lovely knitting as always!