Sunday, August 28, 2022

My 465 yard summer

Hi Dear  Blog Readers....

Sorry for the absence last week....we had Joey's bday party here and I was exhausted by the end of the day.

Still working on the Lansbury shawl.  It's a pattern that you can customize to use all of your yarn. How has it taken me all summer?  My knitting mojo is a little off but I feel it coming back with the cooler weather.  Martha told me to just stop knitting it and bind off.  The thing is...the knitting part is extremely theraputic to me.  Weird I know.  I have decided that I'm going to continue but on and off.  I can't go too many days without knitting or I will lose the "memory" in my hands.  I really want to start a Christmas sweater for my little Mason.  Now to find yarn and pattern.  We will be gone next weekend so I would love to have a start on it so I can work on it then.  Anywhooo here it is...

See this part in the top right?  There has to be a lot more of that before its done.  It's a lacy section.


Ruth ripped the Friday Anew pattern she was working on.  She was not in love with the pattern or directions.

She ripped.  

Started a hat with unknown yarn.  Ann Hanson pattern Snowflake.  I see some nice cables in there!

She made a pair of socks with Fixation yarn for her son's girlfriend. Totally cute.


 Martha is  working away on her StrikkeKaffe sweater.  She is turning it in to a Henly neck.  After she sent this pic she had to rip and fix a bit of it. By now she's probably back to this point.  Lots and lots of work for sure. It will be so nice.


In other news:

Ruth's grandson turned 4 this week.  Little Ray is such a cutie pie!
I love his smile...sooo sweet!

 Joey had fun at his birthday.
 

The sunrises last week on my morning walk were spectacular!

The boys had a nice ride this morning. After Joe got off Mason said Grammy's turn. 

Joey and Casey went to Flower Lake (Saranac) lake this weekend.  Had a wonderful time.



Yesterday I made blueberry muffins and put some in tiny ice cream cups for Mason.  They are so small and perfect for his little hand to wrap around.  Oh and they taste good.


He approved!


Have a great week dear blog readers. NO blog next week.  

Stay safe and be kind.

No comments: