Sunday, September 10, 2017

It's gonna be a looonnnnggg fall!

I think it's going to be a long fall if this weather keeps up.
Low 60's during the day and 40's at night. October weather
for sure and not must my opinion...the weather guys too.
I feel so bad for the folks from Florida and Texas, as well
as Georgia and the Carolinas now. 

The cooler temps keep knitting on my mind- non stop.
I think its an affliction....


Finished the silverleaf shawl yesterday. I really
love it.  This is blocking. I will post better pics next
week when it's dry.

Reminder it's for my friend Maryann....I can't believe I'm
giving it away!  I will need one for myself. 
Yarn is Wonderland Yarn, Cheshire  Cat, sock fingering
512 yards. I have a bit of yarn left.  Color Shillings & Pence.
The pattern calls for Sport weight, but I wanted it a bit smaller.
Size 5 needle.   I love the size.  Lucked out that I had the same
color yarn as pattern...

I will probably finish up the Constellate hat tonight.  The pattern
is written for a few sizes, and I chose worsted weight.
Cascade 220, size 7 needle, 104 stitches. 

 The hat is very dense, and will be warm. It's for my
dad for Christmas.  The loopy stitch row uses a lot of yarn.
I ran out. sigh. Had to order more from the Loopy Ewe.
I used a crochet hook to draw the yarn thru...much easier
than using the needles.  the point was to use up yarn...now I
have almost a  whole skein left. If I have time, I will make dad
a neckwarmer to go with it...he loves them.

Finally ripped the sweater back....5" or so.  I have about 12 new rows done.
I'm kind of sad now that I didn't work on it more to get it done
for  Rhinebeck...oh well...It is really pretty brainless as long as
I keep careful track of what row I'm on.


Ruth finished up her shawl. She is also working on
sleeves of a sweater she was making a while back, and
a baby boy sweater.  I think the shawl is just lovely!


Martha finished up her first sock. She is busy back teaching
school now.

 Hourglass pattern from Knitty

She got this pretty yarn from Ruth.
She's going to start the 2nd one tonight.




Joe bought me these pretty  mums today...
they are a pretty purple not pink like
the picture shows.


Have a great week dear blog readers, and keep our friends
to the south in your prayers....

No comments: