Sunday, September 17, 2017

Summer is here ??? !!!

Well, summer has made it's way to Western New York...
80's all weekend, and projected for this week.
Of course, the pool filter broke...sigh.

I have made a little progress on the sweater after ripping
it out. It sits just below the "girls" now. I should try it on
again to see how it fits.

 Finished up dad's hat  (see last weeks post for details).

Thank you to Joey for modeling in this 80 degree heat!
Joe thinks dad will like it.  Joe would not...he would get too hot.
Really nice pattern!
Not much knitting other than that....

In other news:
Ruth and I went to the Finger Lakes Fiber Festival
yesterday ... we needed to practice before
Rhinebeck!  Here is my stash.....

The Tidal yarn is amazing....
She will be at  Rhinebeck, booth 30...just sayin!

Ruth got some lovely yarn also:
The lambs wool is for a sweater she wants to make.
It's quite lovely.  Looks like her Lucy approves!
(Lucy is lovely too!)

Martha is moving along on her 2nd sock!
 Nice!




In other news:
Mickey has taken over the desk chair...it must feel cool...

and for whatever reason, we won't move him if we want to
use the computer...we wait till he's done....
who has trained who here????!!!

 I'm really dreading tonight....dreading it....
It's really hot in our house, no pool, and we have no
air conditioning....Mickey will want to sit on my lap while I
knit, and he will want the blanket on my lap....I will start
to sweat and he will coo and meow and cuddle in deeper...
yep....who has who trained here!


1 comment:

karen said...

oh no! no ac???? gulp. Your hat looks fabulous and perfect. I wish I could send you some of my ac cooling air!