Sunday, April 29, 2018

Had to do it....


I've been in a bit of a knitting funk lately.
Working away on my projects as my hand and sore
arm will allow, but really not that excited about any
of it....  though I have two projects going,
I started a shawl.....and just like that, I'm excited again!

This the the Bare Branches Shawl

The pattern is easy enough, but you have to pay attention too
The yarn color is a navy blue.  Probably too dark to show the
pattern, but it will be ok.
I've had this Wollmeise yarn in my stash for several years.
I bought it off of ebay when it was all the rage...it probably
still is. I have a green skein somewhere.  It has 510 yards
so it will make a nice shawl.  I actually like smaller shawls...but
I can size it down if I want to.

The yarn has nylon so I can use leftovers for socks heels and
toes ....

Managed to finish up the first giant size 13 sock, and done with
the ribbing on the 2nd one (no pic)
Also got a little start on the 2nd sweater sleeve...
at least there was a little progress...right?


Now the hard part is to work on the sock and sweater a bit and
not just the fun shawl!

Ruth has the buttons on her adorable baby sweater...
ready for the new little boy
And she has started a baby blanket:
The blanket yarn is Mrs Cosby loves to play hat box. Colorway is Afric
Pattern is Little Tern Blanket by Tin Can Knits.
So cute...

Martha is just starting to work on the sweater fronts
for her pink sweater that was discussed in the blog
a few weeks back.
Chilly here today...great for knitting.

In other news:

Joe went fishing yesterday and caught a mess of perch

I'm off to knit.....have a great week dear blog readers.

70's and 80's this week!  Whooohoooo


No comments: