Sunday, June 10, 2018

Chicken


 Trying to finish up the Bare Braches Shawl, and playing
serious yarn chicken!  I have 4 more rows left on this current
repeat, then I will do a  row of garter if there is enough yarn,
and then bind off.  It calls for tassles...I would like to add if
enough yarn.  I have liked doing this shawl, the Woolmesie
yarn is wonderful, but enough is enough!


I will have 16 rows (one full repeat) less than the design called
for when done.  I'm  hopeful it will block out really well.  I found
a goof about 1/2 way down that is now a design change. It won't show
when I'm wearing it.

Mentioned last week that I ordered some cotton blend yarn
to make Joe some summer weight socks.
I really like this Panda  Cotton by Crystal Palace Yarns.
59% Bamboo (which feet love, wicks mositure away)
25% cotton and 16% elastic).  It is similar to Cascade
fixation.  Only 182 yards per little ball so I got 3.  Joe picked
the color.  He must be really bored with blue socks, because
he asked for PURPLE.  Um...they will be nice. Tiny little stitches.
I'm doing a 7" leg so about 1" to go.  Usually I do a short
row heel for him, but I will do a gusset heel this time. The
yarn is a little slippery and I don't want it moving around
and slipping down in his shoe. (I hate doing the gusset heel by
the way!).  I did a  ribbing on each side.  An added bonus is
it hides the ladders that often come with cotton yarn.

Yarn alert!  Crystal Palace is going out of business, so if you
like any of their yarns, scoop them up fast!

The other cotton blend yarn I got is

You can see from the pic it has white stripes in there ...

I ordered some Opal lightweight yarn from Little Knits.
He will be all set, though I'm just making one pair now. I have
other things I want to do.

I finished up the Giant Socks this week.
Knitpicks Hawthorne yarn.  Really nice yarn.
SOOOO glad these are done. I started in March when
we were on vacation.

I love when they are the same size!
(one on top of the other in this pic)


Martha started a sock out of some undisclosed yarn.
Her own pattern:
R1 k1tb, p3, yo, p2tog; R2-9 k1tb, p7. Repeat.....
Martha's own words describing this picture (so cute)
 This second picture is the sock yarn I have to wind. I had only a few balls wound. This is a tragedy when you need to reach your arm down to get some sock yarn to knit. So I took out about 13 hanks of yarn. I also found 2 missing needle needles and a stitch marker. I organized my random tools on the bottom of the basket, and took a shower. Moxie, our devilish new dog decided it was very thoughtful of me to leave the yarn out to play with. I came down stairs and she had rearranged all of the yarn and chewed the tags off! 🙄 Who needs those? I was able to piece things back together and now everything is in the bags chilling.... young dogs.... 


LOLOLOLOL

Ruth sent me a picture on Friday and I can't find it. She
is working on the edging of her baby blanket. Sorry Ruth!

In other news:

Joe's real birthday was Wednesday, and the kids came for dinner


I had asked Joey last week to bring me a coozie to keep my
beer cold.  I love Shanty beer with certain foods this time of year, but it has to be
really really cold.  He forgot to bring one from home, so stopped to buy
me my own personal coozie, which I have renamed "Conzie".


I made Joe one of his favorite meals today.  First time in 35 years
of marriage that I have made it. Liver & onions.  (insert gag here).
He made me chicken on the grill while I cooked his surprise in the
house. He said it was good, though I know a little over done. 

That's it for this week dear blog readers....wish me luck playing
chicken!

No comments: