Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day Post

I know it's obvious that it's Father's Day, but sometimes
I have trouble coming up with post titles...the holidays
save me!  LOL

I am done with the Bare Braches shawl, I'll see
if I have enough yarn for tassles....I hope I do
because they would be cute.




I take horrible knitting selfies, but this is more of a 
true color.
Wollmeise yarn

Very nice pattern and yarn combo!
I'll see if Joe will help me get better pictures for next week.

I am almost ready to decrease for toe on his socks.
The color is actual lavendar. (reminder his choice!)


 Ruth started a Tomten 
using red and a speckle yarn. She hopes she has
enough. This will be toddler size
She has made a few of these before...all wonderful.
I have never made one..have you?
 

I have not heard from Martha today,she is hopefully
outside enjoying nice weather activities.

In other news:

We celebrated fathers day yesterday.  I'm so thankful to have 
dad around!






Aren't  my brother and his wife a cute


 Mark and Max

Joe and Joey went fishing today...here is one of the
big walleye they caught


Today I drove far away 2.5 hours each way to see my
dear friend Ann who is home from  Arizona for a visit.
We started working together when we were just 20 years
old...and she was in our wedding. She hasn't changed a bit.
 

It's been really dry here, we need rain.
the flowers are so pretty...but I need to water them everyday.






 This fella was watching the party from afar yesterday

I'm going to  knit on those socks..I'm already sick of them and
have one to go!  Yikes...
have a great week dear blog readers.













2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice shawl and Ruth the Tomten looks great!

karen said...

beautiful shawl!! looks like the perfect size to wear around your neck. How nice to have a Father's day celebration with everyone around!!