Sunday, September 9, 2018

Brrrrr.... Hello Fall

Brrrr, it is struggling to get to 70 today, after being
upper 90's on Wednesday.

Joe and I had a wonderful time away last weekend.
The sunsets were beautiful...just as I'd hoped.


I worked on the 2nd sock quite a bit on the boat.
But not too much since we've been home. It was pretty
hot here this week to knit.  The purple is where
the heel will go.

Here is the front.

I worked a little bit on the KoolAid Shawl....

Martha made a hat! So cute!!

Here are details in her own words....
I used my hands spun kid mohair goat yarn, that's the white, and the multi color merino and mohair from pucker brush farm at  Rhinebeck last year. This was a seconds ball made from lots of ends. I spit joined it and it was pretty good. I'm going to put a white pom pom on the top, but want to soak it now. I'm pretty happy with it.  

Ruth is traveling this week. She sent me pictures of her True Colors
shawl but they are at work and not here. It is coming along nicely!

In other news:

We closed the pool today.  Lot of work for Joe. But, it's done.
We got a lot of use out of it this year....which is a good thing.

Martha is wearing her wool socks already!

Have a good week dear blog readers..stay warm...

No comments: